Angus Cook, age 5
Our vision is to support our community to increase its understanding of and care for the environment, implementing positive change for the future.
- To educate, inform and provide opportunities for students and the community to take ownership of, care for and take action to help their local environment
- To work collaboratively with and strengthen relationships amongst students, teachers, community members and experts to make a greater change to the health of our local environment
- To create programmes and resources that promote lifelong changes in taking responsibility for and caring for our environment.
Lucia, age 7
The Fish Creek project is an initiative of the students of Hilder Road State School and the P&C, and has won numerous awards for its contribution to learning, creating community and caring for our waterways.
This project is 100% volunteer run by people who care about their local environment and community, and hope to pass that care on to their children.
Listed in no particular order are the following individuals and organisations the Fish Creek 4061 team wishes to expressly acknowledge and thank for their support and generosity:
- Students and families of Hilder Road State School
- Hilder Road State School Parents and Citizens Association
- Staff from Ithaca Creek State School
- Stephan Gabas and Rebecca de Graaf of SAS Laboratories
- Cr Steven Toomey, Councillor for The Gap Ward
- Staff from Brisbane City Council and Habitat Brisbane Bushcare
- Uncle Nurdon Serico, Traditional Aboriginal Elder
- Uncle Joe Kirk, Traditional Aboriginal Elder
- The Gap Pioneer and History Group
- Jeff and Ann Hilder, The Gap Pioneer and History Group
- Melinda Serico, Balaangala Community Group
- Michelle Peile, Balaangala Community Group
- The Gap Historical Society Inc
- Richard Speechly, The Gap Historical Society Inc
- Save Our Waterways Now (SOWN)
- The partners and families of the Fish Creek 4061 team
Disclaimer and Copyright
Every attempt has been made to ensure the information contained in this website is correct at time of launch.
The information contained within this website is not intended to be an exhaustive coverage of all resources pertaining to Fish Creek. Inclusion or exclusion of information in relation to Fish Creek is not to be construed as endorsement of any particular viewpoint.
The information contained within this website is subject to change or withdrawal without notice at any time.
The owners of this website expressly disclaim any liability to an individual or entity for loss, costs or damages of whatsoever nature arising out of, reliant on, or connected with the contents of this website. All material contained with this website is subject to copyright.